Published On: Mon, Sep 23rd, 2013

Easy come, easy go? A Viagra overdose and an amputated penis

ViagraEasy come, easy go? For years, there have been warnings – official and otherwise – not to take too many little blue impotence pills called Viagra at one time. Why? A long-lasting erection can occur and that is no way to go through life. In fact, it makes doing ordinary tasks difficult, to say the least. But one man in Gigante, Colombia, learned this the hard way (pun intended). He had his penis amputated.

A 66-year-old unnamed man reportedly overdosed deliberately in order to impress his new girlfriend, but wound up with an inflamed and fractured penis that was showing signs of gangrene after experiencing an erection for several days, according to Colombia Reports. There were also bruises on his testicles. As a result, he underwent amputation so the gangrene would not spread.

This was not the only unfortunate outcome to occur recently from a Viagra overdose. In Yemen, a 25-year-old man took five pills at once as he prepared to sleep with his new bride on their first day as a married couple, The Daily Mail writes. Their marriage did not last long. He collapsed and was taken to a hospital, where he could not be revived and was pronounced dead.

Taking too much of anything is generally not a good idea and Pfizer has issued cautionary language for years that men should think twice before ingesting the erectile dysfunction drug, depending upon their health. In fact, Pfizer (PFE) has a special web page devoted to all sorts of Viagra side effects, which you can read here, along with the labeling here.

Click Tag(s) for Related Articles:



-- ADVERTISEMENT --