Miracle Tree’s Moringa-Pesto Zucchini Noodles
Pasta is probably the ultimate comfort food but it's so high in calories! So - we're really excited to show you how you can turn nutrient-abundant zucchini into noodles for a fun summer meal with moringa. Zucchini Noodles with Moringa and Pesto is a simple and healthy dish that the entire family will love!
- 2 small zucchinis, ends trimmed
- 2 small avocados, peeled
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 ¼ cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cherry or grape tomatoes, optional
- Moringa Powder (2-3 tsps.)
- In a food processor, add avocados, basil leaves, minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of moringa powder, minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and some salt to taste; process until mixed.
- After mixed, scrape down with a spatula to ease the process and ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil (in a slow stream), chopped parsley and pulse until blended.
- Use a julienne peeler or mandoline to slice the zucchini into noodles. Set aside.
- Pour some olive oil in a pan on low heat and combine the zucchini noodles (1-2 minutes, until soft) and pesto-moringa mixture. Toss until zucchini noodles are well coated. Top with tomatoes, if using. Serve at room temperature or chilled, adding parmesan cheese if desired.
We’re always looking for quick and easy recipes that are filling and can incorporate moringa into our diets – and so we’re super excited to showcase our moringa-pesto zucchini noodles! This is the light and easy-to-make lunch/dinner moringa-infused recipe that your family will love! Bon apetit!