Miracle Tree’s Moringa Plantain Chips
Plantains are a fantastic source of fiber and numerous vitamins and minerals (such as Vitamins B6, A and C, and Potassium). Best part – they're also delicious! Everyone loves Plantain Chips – so why not supercharge them with Moringa's superfood qualities? This light, easy-to-make snack is a perfect combination of taste and nutrition.
- 2 green plantains
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ¾ Tsp. of Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Moringa Powder (2-3 tsps.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the plantain with a sharp knife. Then slice the plantains as thinly as possible with a mandolin or knife.
- In a bowl, combine plantain slices, 1 tsp. of powder, 1.5 tbsp. of olive oil, ¾ tsp. of salt, and ground black pepper to taste. Stir gently to coat the plantain chips.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Place a single layer of plantains on the parchment paper.
- Place cookie sheet in oven for 16 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Turn plantains after 8 minutes.
- Chips are best served warm.
We hope you enjoy our crispy Moringa Plantain Chips! This light treat is an easy solution to snackers who want a delicious nosh with a nutritious kick. Best part – you can store them in a Ziploc bag for up to 5-7 days so you can snack on the go for many days! Just a word of caution - they're hard to put down once you start!