Recipe # 13 – Miracle Tree’s sweet potato moringa bites
Looking for a fun snack which incorporates the great taste of sweet potato and the nutritional goodness of moringa and kale? Look no further! We're really excited about our Sweet Potato Moringa bites because they're the perfect snack! So, next time you’re looking to snack – forget the potato chips and instead try Miracle Tree’s Sweet Potato Moringa Bites!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- Milk (2 tbsp.)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- Moringa Powder (2-3 tsps.)
- ¼ yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup black beans, drained & rinsed
- Salt & pepper
- Ground flax seed for topping
- In a large pot, add cubed sweet potatoes in boiling water, and cook for 15 minutes;
- After the sweet potatoes are tender, drain and transfer into a large bowl; add milk and gently mash the potatoes;
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat, and add olive oil, garlic, onion and red pepper and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add kale and sauté until wilted; then add sautéed mixture to bowl with sweet potatoes.
- Season liberally with salt & pepper to taste.
- Fold in black beans and moringa powder until incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease a mini muffin pan, and scoop potato mixture into a mini muffin tray until filled to the top, followed by a tiny sprinkle of ground flax seed.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, turn oven to hi-broil and broil for an additional 5 minutes until tops are golden and crunchy.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
You’re going to love snacking away on our delicious moringa sweet potato bites! This easy-to-make, light and delicious snacks will be a sure hit with your family! Bon appetite!