Published On: Wed, Apr 15th, 2015

Courtyard Marriott Curaçao ready in 2017

marriott_rifhotelWILLEMSTAD – The tourism sector in Curaçao has received good news yesterday during the presentation of the new hotel which will be built in the Rif area in Otrabanda.

The construction of the first Courtyard Marriott Curaçao - which is being developed will begin in August this year.

The project, which also comprises a 'Mega Pier Plaza' - will be delivered on schedule two years later. This mega project is an investment of 60 million guilders.

Project developer Gilbert Ricardo and his company - Gold Investment Curacao Inc. is the initiator of the project and has attracted the interest of other investors such as Foundation Vida Nova Pension Fund, Pension Fund Isla Curacao (Oil Refinery) and two international hotel and casino developers, namely Interamerican Promo Hotels Inc. from the United States and BE Boulevard from Guayaquil, Ecuador.

The total investment of 60 million guilders consists of 40 percent of investment of the listed group. The remaining 60 percent consists of bank loans.

The opening of the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel with 177 rooms and suites, is scheduled for 2017. It will be built next to the building of the Social Insurance Bank (SVB), right in front of the Mega Pier and will be part of a multifunctional complex of apartments, shops, entertainment area, three restaurants and a casino at the Mega Pier Plaza.

Click Tag(s) for Related Articles: