Curacao’s new Government
WILLEMSTAD – The new Government of Curacao has been installed today at the palace of the Governor. Governor Adel van der Pluijm-Vrede swore in 10 new Ministers who will serve the rest of coalition’s four year term.
As was anticipated, Ivar Asjes is Curacao’s new Prime Minister. Asjes is the former President of Parliament during the Schotte administration.
The new Ministers are:
- Prime Minister/General Affairs: Ivar Asjes
- Health, Environment and Nature: Ben Whiteman
- Education, Science, Culture and Sports: Rubia Bitorina
- Social Development, Labor and Welfare: Jeanne Francisca
- Government Policy, Planning and Services: Etienne van der Horst
- Justice: Nelson Navarro
- Economic Development: Stanley Palm
- Finance: Jose Jardim
- Traffic, Transport and urban Planning: Earl Balborda
- Minister Plenipotentiary: Marvelyne Wiels
Image: Persbureau Curacao