Minister of Health: “35 Zika cases in Curaçao”
WILLEMSTAD – The Minister of Public Health, Siegfried Victorina finally appeared before parliament today to answer questions about the Zika-virus in Curaçao. The Minister said during his presentation that there are currently 35 people with Zika in Curaçao.
“Among them there are no pregnant women,” said the Minister.
At the parliamentary meeting on February 1, he said that there were four officially registered cases on the island. That number has since risen at a rapid pace. “I have learned that there were two cases that joined the original number on February 8. On February 9, there were a total of six people with Zika. On February 10 there were fourteen new infections, bringing it to a total of twenty. Last Saturday another fifteen people were added to the list, so that the counter now stands at 35. Obstetricians and pediatricians have confirmed that this is not about pregnant women.”
The Ministry is currently engaged in the provision of additional information number consisting of three digits. Last week a free information number (0800-0888) was already opened. Questions may also be made through 9345. However, this number is not free.