Published On: Thu, Oct 31st, 2013

80/20 bill proposal still no law

Offices of ParliamentWILLEMSTAD - The 80/20 bill proposal is still not implemented. According to the Minister of Social Affairs, Jean Marie Francisca, this is still not possible as long as the Inspection Department of the Ministry of Labor is not working. The Minister indicated that there is a chronic shortage of inspectors.

The embattled agreement, whereby 80% of the labor force of companies should be Curacaoans (locals) and the remaining 20 percent may be of foreign origin, was already adopted in September 2012 by the Parliament. The Advisory Council then advised not to do it. The agreement, according to the Advisory Council, is discriminatory. Moreover, the law does not recognize the term ‘Curaçaoan’

Click Tag(s) for Related Articles:



-- ADVERTISEMENT --