Seven political parties make it through pre-election round
WILLEMSTAD - Seven of the fifteen political groups that participated this weekend in the pre-election round receive the needed 870 supporting votes to be able to participate in the upcoming elections. This means that there were will 13 political parties to choose from in the elections.
The seven parties are:
- Un Korsou Hustu - Omayra Leeflang (1361)
- Movementu Progresivo - Marylin Moses (1240)
- Democratic Party - Geraldine Parris (1094)
- PAS - Charles Cooper (1543)
- Korsou Di nos Tur - Amparo dos Santos (2178)
- Pro Korsou - Ivar Asjes (965)
- Kousa Prome - Rene Rosalia (1122)
In total, there were 12,122 who voted during the pre-election round.
The other parties that will participate in the election, but did not have to go through the pre-election round, because they have at least one representative in Parliament are:
Pueblo Soberano (PS)
Notably, the once popular party FOL (Worker’s Front) did not make it through the pre-election round and won’t be able to participate in the election.
Photo credit: Gravier Cratsz