Interval International and its member resorts support education initiative with $20,000 donation to CTO Foundation
MIAMI - Interval International, a prominent worldwide provider of vacation services, and its participating resort affiliates recently made a $20,000 contribution to the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) Foundation. Estela Villanueva, manager of The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort, presented the check to foundation executives during the State of the Industry Conference in Curacao.
"We are very pleased to support the foundation in its efforts to educate Caribbean students who are pursuing careers in the hospitality industry," said Neil Kolton, Interval's director of resort sales and service for the Caribbean and Florida. "This donation would not be possible without the ongoing commitment of our resort affiliates that contribute to this initiative."
"This worthwhile endeavor is important because of the vital role that tourism plays in the region's economy," added Villanueva. "The scholarship opportunities offered by the CTO Foundation are instrumental in creating a better-educated workforce."
"Interval and its resort clients have been contributing to the foundation for more than 15 years and we are grateful that they continue to support some of our brightest and most deserving achievers," said Jacqueline Johnson, chairman of the CTO Foundation.
wenty-three resorts across 11 countries participated in this year's fundraising effort:
- Antigua - Tranquility Bay Antigua
- Aruba - Caribbean Palm Village Resort, Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, La Cabana Beach Resort and Casino, La Quinta Beach Resort, Marriott's Aruba Surf Club, Paradise Beach Villas, and Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
- Bahamas - Harborside at Atlantis
- Bermuda - The St. George's Club
- Cayman Islands - Morritt's Tortuga Club and Seven Mile Beach Resort
- Curacao - The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort
- Mexican Caribbean - Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort
- Puerto Rico - Aquarius Vacation Club® at Boquerón Beach, Aquarius Vacation Club® at Dorado del Mar, ESJ Towers, and Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar
- St. Lucia - Bay Gardens Beach Resort and Spa
- St. Maarten - Oyster Bay Beach Resort, The Villas at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, and The Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa
- Turks and Caicos - The Alexandra Resort and Spa
The CTO Foundation was created in 1997 as a not-for-profit corporation exclusively for charitable and educational purposes, with its first scholarships and study grants conferred in 1998. To date, the foundation has provided over 200 scholarships and grants totaling nearly US$1 million to deserving Caribbean nationals.
Image: Estela Villanueva, manager of The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort, presenting the check to Jacqueline Johnson, chairman of the CTO Foundation (left), and Hugh Riley, secretary general of CTO (right)