Published On: Mon, Aug 4th, 2014

Elvis K.: “I have nothing to do with it”

CourtWILLEMSTAD - Elvis K. aka 'Monster' invokes his right to remain silent. “The only thing I would say is that what I have stated earlier is not based on truth. I have nothing to do with it.” K. has repeatedly made known in the past that he committed the murder on Helmin Wiels but now holds firm to his new declaration that he has nothing to do with it.

This despite the fact that several incriminating statements were made. Similarly from his wife. According to K., however, she was put under pressure and there was a "dirty game." "I was silent for ten months, until my wife was arrested."

He would have gotten a deal offer from the Public Prosecution. “The prosecutor offered me a deal, so I put things on paper. But it is not the truth,” K said. He himself did not initially substantive discussions on the deal. "That's on the DVD," he said. According to K., the prosecutor claimed that he would receive life in prison if he continues to invoke his right to remain silent. "If I'd mention the shooter and client’s names, I would not get a life sentence and I can serve it in the Netherlands." It is clear from the file that no deal was offered. The K.’s lawyer demands for the judge to see the DVD.

K. also claims that there were deals made with others. "Two witnesses confessed about me in exchange for money and a ticket to the Netherlands," 'Monster' said. Again, this cannot be seen in the files.

The Pueblo Soberano leader Helmin Wiels was killed on May 5 last year on the beach of Marie Pampoen. During the meeting it became clear that there were ten bullets fired. Wiels sustained wounds in his organs and heart, and he lost a lot of blood. "His death was a matter of seconds."

The report of the Dutch Forensic Institute showed that the murder weapon was the same gun, which was used in the murder of the 34-year-old Raikel Conception. On 27 January last year, he was killed on a boat in the Caracasbaai. The boat was docked there because he allegedly had problems. At the time the men were docked a masked man came rushing with a yellow shirt and shot the victim. The suspect then fled on foot.

Click Tag(s) for Related Articles: